Price: $699,000 (Sold)
Location: Buncombe County (Asheville)
Detailed Property Information
- 131 Acres
- Road Frontage
- Approximately 1,300' on paved county road
- Gentle laying fields on east side with forested mountains rising up to the west
- Surface Water
- One large year round stream through property, other springs elsewhere.
- Electricity, Telephone
- At the property
- Well Water
- Sewer System
- Septic to off-the-grid cabin to be confirmed
- Open Field/Pasture
- Approximately 6 acres of open field
- Nearest Interstate Highway
- 7+ miles (I-40)
- Nearest Four Lane Road
- 7+ miles (I-40)
- Nearest High Density Area
- 7 miles (Black Mountain)
The Flat Creek Tract is a resource rich 131 acres outside Black Mountain. This property has several features that make it an excellent mountain retreat or bugout property.
- 131 Total acres which provides privacy and breathing room to do what you want without others knowing your business.
- Tucked away off the beaten path in a mountain valley, yet easily accessible for those who know its there.
- Just ten minutes south of Black Mountain with all its daily services close at hand.
- Paved road access maintained by the county (no shared driveway or easement with neighbors).
- Road frontage is almost all at grade, meaning its easy to get onto this property without having to build an expensive driveway up a mountain.
- Approximately six acres of gently laying field/pasture, great for agriculture, livestock and solar panels.
- Southern and eastern exposure for great solar gain.
- Large creek runs right down the middle. This is uncommon, as most properties with large creeks have the creeks along the roadside. Not here. You control both sides of the creek, and its a substantial year round creek as well.
- A well hidden roadbed allows you to access deep into the interior of the property wherein one can build a safe hide out.
- Three finger ridges traversed by ATV trails take one up the mountain where the views are exceptional. Tops out at over 3,400′ above sea level.
- Great habitat for wildlife.
- Small off-the-grid cabin is ready for occupancy
- A nicely built framed workshop and pre-fab storage barn are ready for your tools and equipment.
- Property is in the Buncombe County Present Use Program which means, up to 90% of the property taxes are deferred so long as the property remains under its current Forestry Management Plan. This is transferrable and can be continued even if one should build a house on the property. Call us for an explanation as to what this entails and is required.
The surrounding area is comprised mostly of large tracts of land which means few neighbors. The condition of the cabin is fair to good. Keep in mind, this is basic living and not a luxury home at all, but it works. Drive time to Black Mountain is just ten minutes and another 15 to Asheville. This property basically has it all: substantial live water, easy access, mix of topography, pasture/fields/woodlands, property tax deferral, etc. This is one wherein you could build multiple dwellings or easily subdivide into your own prepper community. Call us to discuss what is involved to do that. Its one of the best we’ve seen come on the market in a while. Contact us today to schedule your private showing.