We recently had the pleasure of assisting buyers as we sold and closed another great property up in northern Madison County (north of Asheville). This 20 acre property featured end of the road privacy, mostly open gently rolling pasture, a partially completed house and woodlands. So how does this property stack up to the criteria of things that make for a great mountain bugout or off-the-grid property?
- Security: At end of the winding county road, few neighbors, and clear sight line to the public road
- Arable land: Plenty of acreage for agricultural uses or livestock
- Woodlands: Plenty of woodlands with trees for fuel and wildlife habitat
- Topography: Gentle for road building, cultivation and home building
- Compass orientation: Mostly southern exposure making it ideal for maximum solar gain
- Water resources: Two year round streams on the property
- Improvements: Small partially built house and large barn
- Utitlities: Electricity and telephone to the property
- Road access: County maintained paved road to the property edge
- Distance to nearest 4 lane highway: Over 6 miles
This kind of property is a rare find. Asking price was $175,000.
If you’re looking for the ideal mountain prepper property or survival property, call us today and let us help you find the right one. They are out there, but it takes some effort to find the right one at the right budget. Not all rural properties are created equal and here at Retreat Realty, we know how to help you find the right western North Carolina mountain property. Call today.