Location: McDowell County (Old Fort/Asheville Market)
Detailed Property Information
- 1.19 acres
- Road Frontage
- County maintained gravel road
- Very gentle
- Surface Water
- Large year round stream adjoins property
- Electricity, Telephone
- Telephone and power to the property
- Well Water
- Needs an individual well
- Sewer System
- Septic systems required, previously permitted for a three bedroom system, since expired
- Open Field/Pasture
- Adjoins large pasture owned by others
- Nearest Interstate Highway
- 8+ miles
- Nearest Four Lane Road
- 8+ miles
- Nearest High Density Area
- 8+ miles (Old Fort)
Most often, we focus on larger acreage parcels in order to obtain all the features one considers ideal for a bug out or homestead property. However, this property is ideal for those without a large budget as it is an affordable property, yet providing many of the characteristics one seeks in a North Carolina homestead or prepper property. It is just 1.19 acres in size, yet nearly the entire acreage is usable and it offers a very gentle building site. There are several nice features about this property:
- It is on a gravel dead end road which itself is off a dead end road (paved) which is off two county roads
- It offers very good privacy and security from major thoroughfares (yet easy to get into town)
- It has a gentle building site and was previously granted a three bedroom septic permit
- It is bordered on one side by a very substantial year round stream.
- Across the stream is a large farm pasture and it is surrounded by other large tracts including woodlands.
- Its affordable.
By being adjacent to large parcels of farm and woodlands, it provides some of the benefits of those things, yet at a very affordable price.